Science for Prevention Academic Network (SPAN)
The Science for Prevention Academic Network (SPAN) has been awarded a large grant (€595,000) by the European Commission Lifelong Learning programme (LLP) to support the establishment of a network of prevention scientists and educators across Europe. The project will:
- develop and share best practice in the prevention science education training and workforce and;
- support the development of innovative ICT based content for prevention science.
SPAN will achieve this by bringing together experts from 32 European institutions across 25 countries to map the prevention science sector, improve education and training, build networks and run workshops with researchers, with a particular focus upon young researchers. In addition the project will develop a quality plan designed to improve the integration of prevention science in higher education across Europe and will provide recommendations on how best to align prevention science with the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS).
- Improve the integration of Prevention Science degree/quality assurance standards, methods and approaches in the European Higher Education Sector in such a way that improves the quality and increases the volume of staff and student mobility across Europe.
- Share Best Practice and facilitate the development of innovative practices in Prevention Science education and training.
- Support the development of innovative ICT-based content, services, pedagogies and practice for lifelong learning in Prevention Science.