PT: Universidade de Lisboa
The Universidade De Lisboa’s (UoL) origins date back to the establishment of the Portuguese University by King Dinis in 1290. Rebuilt in 1911, UoL is a public university with outstanding scientific and cultural tradition. The institution now comprises the following units of teaching and research: Faculty of Fine Arts, Sciences, Law, Pharmacy, Arts, Medicine, Dentistry and Psychology. Institutes of Social Sciences, Education, Prince of Geophysical Louis, Geography and Regional Planning, Interdisciplinary Research (under installation) and Vocational Guidance. The University of Lisbon also includes the Museum of Polytechnic (part of the National Museum of Natural History and Science Museum), the Social Services and the Center for Common Resources and Shared Services. The academic level, the University of Lisbon offers a wide range of courses, graduates and postgraduates in five strategic areas: Arts and Humanities, Economic and Legal Sciences, Health Sciences, Social Sciences and Science and Technology. Teaching, research, science, technology and innovation are central elements in the work that develops the University of Lisbon. It is credible as a university, refreshing and open society that the University of Lisbon wants to build innovative solutions for the future. UoL possess a range of experience in delivering LLP projects and in encouraging and promoting academic networking for best practice and student/staff mobility.
The Centre for Research in Psychology, University of Lisbon (CIPUL) was created in 1977 under the National Institute of Scientific Research, and since then has continued unabated their scientific activities. The main objectives of CIPUL are to:
- Provide the necessary support (scientific, administrative, infrastructure) to the activities of Research and Development (R & D) conducted by different research groups that constitute it;
- Promote R & D in the field of psychology through the supervision of graduate students (masters and doctorates), the training of young researchers and the promotion of post-doctorates;
- Promoting international cooperation with researchers with similar research interests;
- Promote interdisciplinary research with other national and international researchers;
- Supporting scientific partnerships, national and international, in basic research (cognitive, social cognition, evaluation and processes of self-regulation) and applied (health psychology, developmental psychology, guidance and career development, psychotherapy, and approaches to learning);
- Improving the provision of community services in health, career guidance and counseling, in cooperation with the Faculty of Psychology of the University of Lisbon and other institutions in the areas of education and health;
- Increase the dissemination of scientific knowledge through participation in national and international conferences, publishing in journals with peer review, books for professionals and the general public, and the organization of scientific meetings and seminars for advanced training.
Primary role in the project
UoL’s (CIPUL) role in the project will be to support and to welcome the development of transnational research and training activities for graduate, doctoral and post-doctoral students, to disseminate SPAN activities among UoL academic community and to aggregate volunteers willing to collaborate in such activities. It will achieve this goal by playing an active role on the Dissemination Steering Group (under WP2) and also participate equally in WP3, WP6, WP7 and WP9, thereby ensuring UoL possess the ability to input into the networking, dissemination, research and QA elements of the project.